Arrived in Italy!

Hurry up and wait
February 23, 2010
Church Life – Italian Style
March 12, 2010

Arrived in Italy!

We have arrived and are well here in Montignoso Italy. We are at our friends, David and Miki Guadagni’s home at #7 Via Padreterno (#7 Eternal Father street…really).

We had very good flights and arrived at 8pm Wed evening. Our friend (and translator) Zelanda picked us up at the airport in Pisa which is 25 minutes from where we are staying. We were invited to the Prayer Meeting at the church at 8:30pm….but we declined in favor of sleep! After a little visit we went downstairs to our Taverna and went to bed….we were TIRED. I think we slept about 10 hrs!

We got our internet set up this morning, so now we can post some stuff!

It was interesting at the Vancouver Airport. The Olympic fever was very evident as there were TV screens everywhere with the Games playing. We watched Joannie Rochette skate as we were being called to board the flight. It was interesting to realize that the event was taking place just a few miles away. There were spotlights in the sky over Vancouver and many Olympic athletes and teams walking around the airport.

Graham arrives tomorrow but he does not speak until Sunday morning so, we will get to visit before the meetings begin…

Thanks for your prayers and all your support. We can’t quite believe we are here, but we are happy to be at our “home away from home”.

7 Comments

1. George and Judith says:

So good to hear from you and that all went well with your travelling. It seems so right to us that you’re there. We feel the excitement already over what the Lord is going to do. We are with you in spirit and praying for you every day. Lots of love, the Jones
    P.S. When I was at the church on Wednesday there was a package of change attached to the door handle. Thought Becky might be interested.

2. Rick Lawrence says:

Thanks so much for your comment & prayers, we really appreciate it! Change at the door eh… yes a season of change is at hand.

3. Christina & Steve says:

Hi Becky and Rick!
    Thanks so much for posting your letter. Are you well over the jet lag? I hope you are getting in some fun time exploring your beautiful surroundings. We too are excited for what God is doing through you in Italy. We are praying for you, Graham and the people who you will love on behalf of The Father.

I love the house address!!!!
    Hugs to you both, Christina and Steve

4. Leah Robertson says:

Hey you guys!
    Have enjoyed looking through your website – loved the pics and layout! Seeing you in Italy is a testimony of faith. Like a God celebration in your life! We are praying for you – strength, revelation and zesty spirits!
    Shannon and I had a wonderful time in Iqaluit – a dream realized. We found ourselves pinching ourselves – WOW! It was a very full week and we did some of everything! Oh my! I ended up leading about half of the worship and playing for all of it. Glad I took a few lead sheets with me. haha Really enjoyed meeting new friends – such beautiful hearts and hungry souls. We had sweet times in the presence of the Lord.
    Love you! Have a wonderful adventure in Italy!
    Hugs,
    Leah

5. David Walton says:

Glad to see you arrived there safely and are going to have a wonderful and glorious time giving the good news to everyone. We will keep praying for the both of you. best wishes David and Caroline

6. Gerda Riganti says:

Hello, Rick and Rebecca,

find your website, searching books from Graham Powell. My name is Gerda, I’m living in the italian part of Switzerland, 2 miles near the italian border Stabio-Gaggiolo and I want to know you.

Can I call you ? My phon number is 0041-91-647.06.51 or 0041-77-252.66.91.

BE BLESSED IN jESUS NAME and many greetings

Gerda

7. Rick Lawrence says:

Hello Gerda,
    How are you? Calling is expensive but yes you may call if we predetermine a time for this. Our best availability is evenings here in Canada. Our time is -8 hours GMT (Pacific Time Zone).
    I did respond to you awile back but have heard nothing from you… possibly you did not recieve my email?

Blessings Rick